Somewhere For My Butt To Call Home....

Leather, foam and aluminium.

These are the basis for the K's new seat.

Quite some time ago I carved the foam for the seat and then had the intent of and beating 3 mm aluminium into submission for the seat pan. But no, my aluminium beating ambition did not match my aluminium beating talent.



Just no skill in this area...

On to plan "b". I glued the foam on to some 9 mm ply that had cut to size, then cut some aluminum to hide the ply.

Last weekend I grabbed the leather off-cuts that I bought a couple of years ago off ebay and the seat base and headed out on a road trip across to the other side of the river to one of my Mum's friends who happens to be an upholster.


The lovely Ronda did a great job.

A couple of hours later I headed home to put it all together.

Aluminium cover nearly ready to be fitted.


With the aluminum cut to size and tapped it was time to add some grain with a coarse scotch pad and a quick coat of clear.



Now it's coming together...

When designing the new seat it was important that the seat was big enough to carry two people, as my wife love being a pillion passenger.






   


Comments