New Fuel Pump

With the kids in bed and coffee in hand I finally find myself sitting down to give a progress update on the special K.

After finding the fuel pump seized and unsalvageable the interweb has led me to a suitable at a very reasonably priced replacement, for around $30 dollars I bought a Japanese made Kemo fuel pump of eBay.  A little modification has been required to secure the pump in the existing mount and the results are quite satisfactory.


New Kemo Pump Mounted

Tests on the new pump have shown that it is more than capable of supplying the required 37PSI of fuel pressure to the injector rail. One more job ticked of the list.

I was finally able the fire the bike up after 11 years of sitting idle and found that the slash cut exhaust was going to be way to loud and obnoxious.


Dismantling the exhaust I found that the sound deadening was virtually non existent, so I purchased packing glass and repacked and added a couple of baffles to increase the back pressure.


Welch plug baffle.


Now for the good bit!!! Below are some photo's of an almost completed bike.....Enjoy.




Thank you for stopping by...

And here's a you tube link of the K running. 
  

Comments