A Hectic week


Last night the kids and I dropped my wife  to the airport, she will be spending the next 10 days in Cambodia helping a volunteer team with NGO " Restore one charity". Meanwhile I have three beautiful little people to tend to. This may slow my k75 progress somewhat.

Prior to my wife's trip, the speedo has arrived and has been mounted.


Worried that is sitting too high so I have made some lowering brackets.


I made a YouTube review of the speedo,
It should come up is you search " danmoto speedo"
I will post the link later.


Comments

  1. Hello there.....i found accidently a photo of your project on internet and i fell in love with the copper colour on your tank......great tone......looks it has a brushed effect finish or something ......could you share some info about it??.....i would be greatful.......thank you , Nicolas......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I somehow missed your comment.
      Thank you for the positive feedback, I am more than happy to share the tank details.
      When I started the K build I didn't realize that the tank was of aluminium construction, once I found this out I though I would try something unique to give the bike a point of difference.

      After stripping the tank back I used a very harsh 3M pad to give the raw aluminium some grain in one direction, once I was happy with the raw finish I masked off the areas that I wanted to be aluminium and undercoated the rest, although the blog doesn't show it, it took me three attempts to get it right.
      Following the undercoat I added two coat of the base colour which is a Ducati colour.

      Next process was to remove the masking tape and add three coat of 2K clear over the raw aluminium and base coat.

      The copper colour is a trick of the light as usually it just has a brushed aluminium look to it.

      Hope this helps

      Delete

Post a Comment